Could you use a quick injection of lead gen insight without the hassle of a registering for a whitepaper download?
If so, here is a top ten tips sheet for those working in performance marketing and lead generation companies. Check out below:
- Co-reg leads versus traffic leads - On average, expect standard co-registration (host and post) leads to convert at c. 30% of a email/banner advert driving traffic to site lead
- The need for speed - when converting leads over the phone, according to an MIT study, the odds of qualifying a lead in 5 minutes versus 30 minutes drop 21 times.
- Welcome emails - Sending an instant email to your leads (not only is the very least you can do) also yields email open rates of 30-40%+ and click thrus of 15-25%+ (from my experience)
- Pricing Tiers - Set monthly cost per lead tiers by source to boost volumes within target cost per acquisition (CPA)
- Too much copy - Dont overload lead generation advertisements (especially co-registration adverts) with too much text and multiple marketing hooks. Understand your target market and focus on the key USP. Offering something exclusive helps to clinch the consumer opt-in for the right reasons. Ask yourself, what would make ME buy it?
- Retain control - Dont allow your offer to be brokered out to third party sites without your consent
- Police your partner sites - Manually check publisher sites to ensure copy compliance and branding guidelines are being followed
- To incentivise or not - Dont be afraid of advertising on incentivised sites. You can tailor the offer and payout accordingly to ensure it plays a important role in the lead generation marketing mix
- Be a consumer - Complete your own sign-up forms - if you cant register easily, expect an above average drop-out rate.
- Split-test - Everything! And then test everything again!