So, why is this blog about understanding coregistration, if the benefits are so blindly obvious?
Well, lets dig beneath the surface to see whats really going on in the UK co-registration marketplace. Here are some headline numbers to put this channel into context. The market consists of
- 150-200 UK coreg publishers spread globally
- 100-250k registrations per day available to co-register to your brand
- 75% dominated by competition/survey style opt-in sites with emerging contextual opportunities by vertical
- 5-10 new co-reg publishers starting every month as very low barrier to entry
- 80% cheaper than other lead generation channels, meaning a very low cost per sign-up compared to email and display banners.
- 100 times better conversion performance from the best sources compared to the worst, giving a wild variance in quality of leads
- Lead Management - Using a LMP is essential is you dont have your own internal systems
- Track and Cap - track every source back to its origination and know as much about that source as possible & cap volumes by source to ensure there are no nasty daily surprises by surges in volume
- Welcome email - welcoming your prospects using triggered real-time emails are your best opportunity to create a good first impression, enhance credibility and improve brand recall
- Filtering - using real-time analytics to understand the profile of your leads compared to your customer base. Use this to segment your lead supply (volume and commercials permitting) into high performing leads and low performing.
- Advert copy - dont overdo it by being tempted to write too much text in an offer which is likely to be looked at for no more than 3 seconds. Pick your best USP and make sure the user understands the benefit of opting in. This way all the follow-up conversion channels (be it email/phone) can focus on delivering that benefit to the interested prospect.
- Knowledge - you can build this knowledge up yourself in terms of the marketplace, pricing, techniques, lead flow and conversion but if you dont feel confident you will waste a lot of time and budget trying to get there. So consider using an agency, training or in-sourcing some talent to get optimum results.